kernel diagnostic assertion "semcnt >= 0" failed

Hi!

On a Pinebook Pro running NetBSD 9.99.64 from last Monday (with 9.0
userland), I can reliably make the kernel panic by running "npm
install firebase-tools". During the post-install script (I believe
it's from the protobufjs NPM package), the kernel does

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "semcnt >= 0" failed: file
"/usr/src/sys/kern/kern_uidinfo.c", line 241

(see the photo at https://photos.app.goo.gl/kExDEXGPVmYJAg5f7 for full output)

Christos, Sevan suggested that you had touched that code this year. Do
you know anything about this?

--
Benny