Re: github.com/NetBSD/src 5 days old?

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 5:57 PM Greg A. Woods <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:

> At Thu, 21 May 2020 15:11:41 -0400, Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Subject: Re: github.com/NetBSD/src 5 days old?
> >
> > The details are all found here:
> > https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-repository/2020/02/17/msg000685.html
>
> That just says what might happen (and what could/should happen at the
> same time), not why (nor how the decision was arrived at).
>
> > > I've never found anything there explaining the actual rationale for Hg.
>
> --

Joerg is the one doing all of the work and he wants to land on hg.

Every other "justification" or benchmark or whatever is pretty much a
lie.  Especially now, five years later, when git has gotten better and
better at big repos.

Matt

p.s. this whole thing reached a head (Core statement on version
control systems) in Jan 2015
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-repository/2015/01/04/msg000497.html