Re: Build error when crypto and swcrypto are omitted from kernel

paul%whooppee.com@localhost (Paul Goyette) writes:

>the kernel.  Without this, the kernel fails to link, with undefined
>references to several symbols:
> 	rijndael_cipherInit
> 	rijndael_blockEncrypt
> 	rijndael_blockDecrypt
> 	rijndael_makeKey

>Since the two crypto devices are optional (and run-time loadable)
>components of the kernel, it seems to me that encrypted-swap should
>also be optional.

rijndael isn't (yet) optional as it is required by ipsec and wlan code.
We just miss the dependency for the encrypted swap functionality.

Here is a patch that makes encrypted swap (but not rijndael) optional:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mlelstv/uvm_swap.diff

which might be useful to create small kernels (it's just about 16kB).

Otherwise you could just add the dependency to uvm unconditionally.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost