Re: question about pkg_rolling-replace -uv -x

Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> writes:

> since build of gobject-introspection fails for me, I thought to continue
> updating "the rest" if possible.
>
> I tried:
> pkg_rolling-replace -uv -x gobject-introspection
>
> and even:
> pkg_rolling-replace -uv -X gobject-introspection

You want "-X".

> but I still get stuck there as the first package in update!
>
> Why that? wasn't that the purpose of -x/-X ? Or, as usual PEBKAC?

Look at your build log carefully.  I suspect that it was not selected
for replacing, but something that depends on it was selected, and the
dependency logic said a new enough version wasn't installed, and thus
went to build gobject-introspection.

To deal with this, you can do one of:

 fix gobject-introspection :-)

 figure out what requires  it and add -X for that too, building up a
 list

 in your sources, cvs update the gobject-introspection  directory back
 in time to the version you have installed, so the other things won't
 try to demand newer, for the most part