Re: init's MAKEDEV vs. postinstall fix (old tty nodes)

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 08:36:39AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> So my question is: if "postinstall fix" removes these devices on an
> upgrade, why does init still create them?

This is mostly for install media where we want to avoid to create the ptyfs
mount (and don't fear the security issues of opty since there only is root
anyway during installation).

We should detect and auto-clean those files in some rc.d script on non-install
media (or full grown install media like with DVD as /).

Martin