Re: pmap panic

On Tue, 17 Mar 2020 23:36:23 +0000
Andrew Doran <ad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Ok.  I think the problems here should be fixed.
>
> Andrew

Hi,

I confirm my bare metal desktop system is stable now. It does feel
much snappier than before so the pain was worth it in the end. :)

On my VirtualBox machine I have a feeling that it is spending more time
doing TLB shootdowns than before on /some/ workloads. Running cvs update
on a cgd(4) is definitely slower than before. Randomly breaking into
ddb shows that it's always spinning in pmap_tlb_shootnow() rather than
waiting for disk or net I/O which I would expect. I couldn't reproduce
the problem on bare metal so it might just be the usual VirtualBox jank.

-Tobias