USB deadlock?

Hi!

I'm doing my backups to USB disks. Last month this worked fine, with
9.99.48/amd64 the backup process (unison) hung twice, only
force-reboot got me out of the first one.

The process is hung in ps "D+". top says "uvn_fp".

Connecting to the process with gdb does not finish.

There is no big load on the machine, disks are mostly idle, and
network too.

I had a third occurrence last night which looked similar, but it had
finished this morning, so perhaps it's not a complete deadlock.

Has anyone else seen this?
 Thomas