Re: ZFS on root - almost there

On 22/02/2020 19:22, Roy Marples wrote:
https://wiki.netbsd.org/wiki/RootOnZFS/

Updated the wiki and the ramdisk - either the bootloader needs to load the modules via boot.cfg or the modules need to be built into the kernel.

There's just no easy way to load the modules from the ramdisk without putting them inside the ramdisk .... and I think too many people would forget to re-build the ramdisk or put it against the wrong kernel.

Also, I've updated the minimum required kernel to 9.99.48 as Taylor R Campbell has kindly fixed the problem of writing to the FFS boot device from the ZFS chroot :)

Roy