Re: ZFS on root - almost there

On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 at 17:03, Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> wrote:

> On 22/02/2020 16:56, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > Surely I have missed and/or misuderstood some of the above, but I am getting:
> > Starting ZFS on root boot strapper
> > Copying needed kernel modules from NAME=boot:/stand/amd64/9.99.47/modules
> > mount: no match for 'boot': No such process
> > /mnt//stand/amd64/9.99.47/modules/zfs/solaris.kmod not found!
> > /mnt//stand/amd64/9.99.47/modules/zfs/zfs.kmod not found!
> > umount: /mnt: not currently mounted
> >
> > Importing rpool, mounting and pivoting
> > internal error: failed to initialize ZFS library
> >
> > It seems it tries to mount the small ufs root on /mnt using
> > 'NAME=boot' label, but the label created by the standard installed is
> > some GUID.
>
> Wups!
> I missed an instruction step to ensure the label of the FFS partiton is boot.
> gpt label -i 1 -l boot wd0
> Replace 1 with the partition index and wd0 with the device.

It worked; the only problem I am still having is adding swap; both for
a zvol and a gpt partition I get:

nzfs# swapctl -a /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/SWAP
swapctl: /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/SWAP: Device not configured
nzfs# swapctl -a /dev/dk5
swapctl: /dev/dk5: Device not configured

Could be something I've screwed during the installation, but can't
figure it out.

--
----