Re: panic after DRM & nouveau MSI changes

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020, Jaromír DoleÄ~Mek wrote:

> Le jeu. 13 févr. 2020 à 17:28, John D. Baker
> <jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost> a écrit :
> > Instead of a blank screen, the display simply freezes in VGA text mode
> > when nouveaufb0 attaches.  See my latest addendum to kern/52440.
>
> I see the problem happens on G84 and G92, but not G64.
>
> Are all the cards with MSI problem by chance the Tesla family, i.e NV50?
>
> Those are: GeForce 8, GeForce 9, GeForce 100, GeForce 200, GeForce 300

So far, the G92 is the only affected card which I can test easily.  I
have some others, but I'd need to arrange space to set up a system in
which to install them for testing.

It's not clear if it's the card, the host, or the combination of the
two that trigger the problem.  The machine with the G94 has no problem
with MSI.  I might be able to arrange swapping the G92 and G94 between
hosts to see if the problem moves with the card.

I also have a couple of AGP and at least one plain PCI NVidia graphics
card which at one time were supported by the nouveau kernel driver.
I haven't had those machines operational for some time, but perhaps
I can see how they behave these days as well.

(At present, the Toshiba Qosmio F15R is the only non-PCIe NVidia graphics
system that's readily accessible and I've posted its results to kern/52440
as well.  I haven't rebuilt i386-current since the changes as that build
host is currently engaged in other tasks.)

As it stands, the panic that was the prompt for this thread has been
fixed, and the issue is back to kern/52440.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD