Re: net/net-snmp build failure on 9.99.37

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 13:41, Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 01:28:15PM +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > Clean installation from the same ISO file is fine, so it probably was
> > sysupgrade failure induced by the different tar.
>
> You did quite some detective work! (Yes, I don't use sysupgrade...)

It's one of the things you get accustomed to, I have been using it for
ages without many problems; occasionally they do occur, e.g. in
September some bump in the shared libraries stopped the final
etcupdate stages from completing properly; in that case it was enough
to repeat the process and all was well. In this case I probably will
update manually.

BTW in case anybody is interested, I tried the abovementioned ISO -
9.99.37 - to install as a guest under XCP-NG, which one should have
been aware by this time is the fully functional free version of what
used to be XenServer. Using UEFI mode I was even able to get X running
with the modesetting driver (obviously the DRI{2} bits do not load).
The only problem so far is with the mouse; the cursor somehow only
goes along the edges of the screen in a rather unpredictable manner -
both on the Xorchestra console and the Xcp-ng center.

--
----