Re: NetBSD 9.0_RC1 - installation on GPT (with BIOS boot) not bootable

On Thu, Dec 12, 2019 at 03:10:41PM +0100, Matthias Petermann wrote:
> The installation process with sysinst runs fine. Anyway, after reboot there
> seems to be no boot loader installed.

It would be interesting to see more details at this stage:
 - how does it fail exactly
 - what does "gpt show -a wd0" print (assuming wd0 is your disk, could
   be ld0 too if you are on NVME)

> I tried to fix this with a shell from the USB installation media by doing a
> manual installboot & gpt biosboot to /dev/dk0. This also doesn't help.

This means something is very wrong and we need to investigate more details.

> Is it a supported use case for sysinst to setup a non-EFI-System with GPT?

Definitively, and it used to work in earlier BETA versions.

Martin