autofs in -current

Hi,

I've setup autofs on one of my -current systems with nfs, nothing
modified. It kinda works, but a typical session would look like:

> ls /net/freenas
gls: reading directory '/net/freenas': No such file or directory
> ls /net/freenas
gls: reading directory '/net/freenas': No such file or directory
> ls /net/freenas
gls: reading directory '/net/freenas': No such file or directory
mnt
> ls /net/freenas/mnt
gls: reading directory '/net/freenas/mnt': No such file or directory
> ls /net/freenas/mnt
gls: reading directory '/net/freenas/mnt': No such file or directory
> ls /net/freenas/mnt
gls: reading directory '/net/freenas/mnt': No such file or directory
data  zxc
> ls /net/freenas/mnt/zxc
gls: reading directory '/net/freenas/mnt/zxc': No such file or directory
common  iocage
> ls /net/freenas/mnt/zxc/common
gls: reading directory '/net/freenas/mnt/zxc/common': No such file or directory
> ls /net/freenas/mnt/zxc/common
gls: reading directory '/net/freenas/mnt/zxc/common': No such file or directory
hosts  testagain  testroot
> ls /net/freenas/mnt/zxc/common/hosts
/net/freenas/mnt/zxc/common/hosts
> cat /net/freenas/mnt/zxc/common/hosts
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/hosts,v 1.16.34.1.2.1 2009/10/25 01:10:29 kensmith Exp $
#
# Host Database
#

to any of the other nfs servers in the network, some NetBSD, some
FreeBSD, some Linux.

Otherwise NFS works as expected with manual mounts or mounts via /etc/fstab.

Am I missing something from the autofs setup? My understanding was
that if  I have

autofs=YES
automountd=YES
autounmountd=YES
in /etc/rc.conf and /etc/auto_master is untouched - with

/net            -hosts          -nobrowse,nosuid,intr

present, then just refering to /net/<host> should do the work.

The system is
> uname -a
NetBSD ymir 9.99.17 NetBSD 9.99.17 (GENERIC) #7: Sun Nov 17 13:43:02
GMT 2019  sysbuild@ymir:/home/sysbuild/amd64/obj/home/sysbuild/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
amd64

built just a moment ago (I noticed a few commits in autofs, so I
rebuilt to test).

showmount -E reports as expected:

> showmount -E freenas
/mnt/zxc/common