Re: heads-up: planned changes in nvmm

After the above message I rebuilt the system and got eventually
nvmmctl, which worked. I couldn't start any VM, though, so I proceeded
to rebuild wip/qemu-nvmm, although there were no changes since my
previous build. This time it worked; I also recreated /dev/nvmm (the
protection changed from 600 to 640). I haven't yet added a nvmm group
member; is there any specific group ID nvmm should be? ( I think I
missed the query about the merge of /etc/group during the system
upgrade. )

(BTW, an iteresting factoid; the laptop I am trying this some four
years ago used to run Windows 10 professional; since then it has been
running only NetBSD-current. A few months ago I installed Windows 10
Professional 32-bit just to try under qemu-nvmm, which worked fine;
the interesting bit was that it actually activated Windows 10 on the
VM on the basis of the same CPU and MAC address apparently reported
and kept in their database. So I have now one properly activated W10
VM ... ).

--
----