Re: Tar extract behaviour changed

On 21.10.2019 18:30, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 06:29:18AM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

>>> I still believe it should be fixed, but J?rg disagrees. You need to use -P
>>> now. See PR 54467.
>>
>> Yeah it's a real pain in my you-know-what. Is it Joerg vs everyone else?
>
> It is NetBSD pax vs every pretty much any maintained tar implementation.
>
> Joerg

I have no personal preferences here, but syncing the behavior is a
reasonable move. Especially aligning pax to libarchive/gtar.

I have got another case where NetBSD pax is incompatible with
gtar/libarchive, -t is printed in a different format. PAX tar output
does not use C-escapes and outputs the paths literally. This difference
used to break one test in lld for NetBSD. In my opinion it should be
aligned.