Re: firefox dumping core after NetBSD upgrade

Good question.

My "build server" is an old(-ish, maybe 6 years old) HP Elite 8570
laptop with damaged screen and non-functional FireGL graphics card,
which resets the moment it is touched (I disable radeon in the boot
configuration); on top of that, the CPU heatsink is also probably off,
so it regularly overheats and I have to make all my builds using
single core. It does have 20GB memory and a reasonable SSD, though, to
the builds are reasonably decent. It takes me some three-four hours of
a full rust buld (with rust-llvm option), and then another few hours
over firefox; I also usually use ccache (although I see now I have
switched it off - I found a package which builds fine without ccache
and consistently fails with it). So firefox builds are not that hard
now, in my opinion. It used to be, shall we say, rather flaky months
ago, whereas now it has been rock solid for me.

I also build -current nightly (and then routinely update it using
sysupdate), plus I run a few - up to 5 at a time - nvmm virtual
machines on this box, which use zvols as a backend...

Your mileage may vary, as they say.

--
----