Re: bad syscall ?

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 04:39:52PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 03:30:42PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > This morning, I updated the kernels of 2 -current/amd64 boxen to today's HEAD.
> >
> > One no longer goes multiuser. ls, /rescue/ls, /rescue/mount, /rescue/ps
> > all claim "Bad syscall". cat is OK. Guessed libutil, but popping in new
> > modules and libutil didn't help. Isn't it the other way though, the binary
> > not finding a syscall in the new kernel?
>
> Custom kernel? Does your kernel have COMPAT_90 ?

Of course! The clue was in the "90" of

>  99              int error = __fstatvfs190(fd, &sb, flags);

In the old days, I would have seen COMPAT_90 being added to GENERIC,
and added it to my customish kernel. Now everything relies on kernel
modules, so once compat_90.kmod was on the first box - which was the
one which was meant to have the modules :-/ - it booted multiuser.

The second apparently "works" without modules, yet has

#include        "conf/compat_netbsd15.config"
include         "conf/compat_netbsd60.config"

in its custom config file. I'll call that accident, and just build the
modules...

Thanks,

Patrick