Re: Stability issues with recent NetBSD 9.0_BETA amd64

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 10:05, <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 09:02:33PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> > The symptoms include
> > - netbsd-8 firefox binary segfault every time on startup. Doesn't always
> > happen, but once it starts, they always seem to segfault until reboot. Note
> > that though "netbsd-8 firefox binaries" are not necessarily a paragon of
> > stability even on netbsd-8, this does not happen on -8, or even the Aug 18
> > kernel
>
> I might've triggered this by telling firefox where to find libGL.so on
> netbsd.
>
> Does env LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 help with this any?
>
> Alternatively: moving /usr/X11R7/lib/libGL.so.3 elsewhere for a bit.

I've not seen the boot loop issue again, but the netbsd-8 firefox
binary still seems to issues on netbsd-9 (currently clicking into the
compose box on mail.google.org is enough to crash firefox).

Tested with LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 & by moving
/usr/X11R7/lib/libGL.so* away and the behaviour is unchanged.

The original panics I reported look to have been fixed by mrg's usbnet fixes :)

Thanks

David