re: Stability issues with recent NetBSD 9.0_BETA amd64

> I've been playing with NetBSD 9.0_BETA amd64 from nyftp on a laptop for a
> little while and noticed a significant drop in stability sometime after Aug
> 18 (I have an Aug 18 kernel which seems solid, but Sep 2, 7 and 10 also
> panic)

i am hoping this problem is already fixed in -current and on
netbsd-9 with this pullup:

   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2019/09/13/msg108959.html

can you at least see if the ure issue is resolved now?

> Interestingly savecore always seems to fail with:
> savecore: dump_exists:471: kvm_read newdumpmag:
> _kvm_kvatop(ffffffff8180030c)

this message is caused by some other changes i made last year,
i need to figure out a way to make this not happen, but it's
a little tricky -- there's a partial core dump, but it has
issues getting basic info, but the warning itself comes from
generic read code gets an error, and seeing those in other
cases is very useful.

> A sample panic (captured from dmesg after reboot) is below. The stack trace
> includes usbnet on a ure Ethernet interface on a USB port, but the panics
> and firefox crash loops have occurred without this attached.
[ .. ]
> fatal page fault in supervisor mode
> trap type 6 code 0 rip 0xffffffff80e5663f cs 0x8 rflags 0x10246 cr2
> 0xffffb18137c07000 ilevel 0x5 rsp 0xffffb181343f2e58
> curlwp 0xffff826d464394a0 pid 0.6 lowest kstack 0xffffb181343ef2c0
> panic: trap
> cpu0: Begin traceback...
> vpanic() at netbsd:vpanic+0x160
> snprintf() at netbsd:snprintf
> startlwp() at netbsd:startlwp
> alltraps() at netbsd:alltraps+0xc3
> ure_rx_loop() at netbsd:ure_rx_loop+0x10f
> usbnet_rxeof() at netbsd:usbnet_rxeof+0xb5
> usb_transfer_complete() at netbsd:usb_transfer_complete+0x270
> xhci_softintr() at netbsd:xhci_softintr+0x5c4
> usb_soft_intr() at netbspiwmi0 not configured

what's the crash when ure(4) isn't present?  the trace you've
sent clearly needs ure(4) present...

thanks.

.mrg.