re: netbsd-9 radeon GPU lockup, X stuck in "radfen/N"

"John D. Baker" writes:
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2019, John D. Baker wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 27 Aug 2019, John D. Baker wrote:
> >
> > > It did it again just a short while ago, but this time was followed by a
> > > panic:
> >
> > It was running fine for a couple of days and just a short while ago panicked
> > again, the same as before.
>
> Not exactly like before.  This time it successfully saved a crashdump.
> Other than the backtrace already shown in the panic message, what would
> be of interest in tracking down the problem?

ah this should be more useful.

you should be able to find if other threads are stuck or doing
radeon things by loading the netbsd and core file into crash
and poking around ps and bt/a of likely threads.  if we find
interesting ones, someone can show how to make gdb understand
different kernel threads than this one, but just this one's
eg, local variables and additional stack trace would have more
info than what crash or ddb or panic shows.

just to confirm, your previous post shows:

> kern info: ATOM BIOS: X1550

so you have an x1550?  i have one or two of these i think, i
will try using one and leaving xscreensaver running.

have you attempted to disable the GL saver modes?

.mrg.