'sudo' built w/pam option sometimes fails on i386 netbsd-9 and -current

I've been building 'sudo' with the "pam" option enabled for as long as
I've been using it.

Lately, with netbsd-9 and -current on i386, 'sudo' will sometimes fail
with:

  sudo: unable to initialize PAM: Operation not permitted

I see it most often when re-authorizing during the "timestamp_timeout"
period (using 'pkg_rolling-replace'), but it has happened during initial
interactive use as well.

I don't see this on amd64 or sparc.  I never encountered it during the
"8.99.*" period of -current.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD