Re: 'postinstall' vs local configuration: how to preserve automatically?

"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost> wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Aug 2019, Robert Swindells wrote:
>
>> >  /var/chroot/spamd
>>

>> If you have local changes to your source tree then the files under
>> src/distrib/sets/lists need to match that.
>>
>> If the two files that are being removed are from outside your NetBSD
>> source tree then it might be worth renaming them so that they don't
>> match actual obsolete files.
>
>I only ever install "mail/spamd" from pkgsrc.  I have no local changes
>to my source trees regarding "spamd".  I didn't know it was ever created
>as part of the system build at some time in the past.

It was removed in 2005, according to the logs.

I would argue that this is a pkgsrc issue, mail/spamd should use
different pathnames from the older version that was in base.

>The "fontconfig"-related files/links ARE part of the base system build.
>Since base (xbase?) fontconfig is considered new enough to be used by
>packages in recent pkgsrc branches, I need to set the symbolic link for
>"../conf.avail/70-no-bitmaps.conf" in "/etc/fonts/conf.d" in order to
>print legible hardcopy of some web pages.

You are probably using pkgsrc fontconfig but that doesn't make a
difference here.

>At some time during the 8.99.* period, this link began to be declared
>obsolete and removed if "fix"ed.  Not too long ago, it started tripping
>up the "fontconfig" check, ISTR it threw up an "unknown file" complaint.
>
>(On netbsd-8, the 'postinstall' checks ignore the extra symlink.  However
>on netbsd-8, pkgsrc fontconfig is used and I can set its symbolic link
>for "../conf.avail/70-no-bitmaps.conf" appropriately without issue--even
>when updating pkgsrc fontconfig.)

I think the answer to this part is to remove the whole entry in xetc/mi
for 70-no-bitmaps.conf, it was only made part of the build for one day.