Re: NetBSD 9.0 release process has started

Well, I could build it on netbsd-8/pkgsrc-2019Q2. netbsd-9/pkgsrc-2019Q2
is crashtastic.

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019, bch wrote:

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 15:04 Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd%twofifty.com@localhost> wrote:
      Wow. So far, it's been a disaster for me. I remember saying the memory
      management seemed iffy but being told to get a real machine with more
      memory. My i386 machine w/1G of RAM and ~4G of swap kept crashing while
      trying to compile things in pkgsrc. I think it's trying to recompile
      gcc6. It's crashed eight times in the day I've had it running NetBSD-9.

      My beefier x86_64 system isn't all that happy either. Trying to compile
      firefox grournd everything to a halt. I couldn't even reply to this email
      until I killed the build of firefox.

I don?t know if that?s attributable to the scheduler or resource scarcity, or ????, but Firefox has come to be nigh unbuildable for
me in the last few months, owing to the Rust build (dependency); it?s *brutal*, IME.

      Oh well, I guess that's progress.

      --
      Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost
      BSEE + BSChem + BAEnglish + MSCS + $2.50 = coffee