Re: recurring tstile hangs on -current

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 09:42:08PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> To reduce the bug surface, I've disconnected the wd0 device which was
> attached at ahcisata. This also removed the swap device, but the
> machine is far from needing to swap.
>
> After ~5 hours the machine is currently hanging in tstile again. I
> noticed the bulk build wasn't progressing (in a perl module) and
> stopped it, then tried removing the work directory to get pbulk to
> break off, that hung the rm process.

I notice you also have a perl process in biowait, this is probably
the one that is really hung. I've seen this occasionally, on various
hardware, but I can't easily reproduce it.
It looks like a I/O request is either never processed, or never biodone()'ed.
But I couldn't spot any race condition in this path ...