Re: usb device modifying state of another driver on plug/unplug event

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 05:09:52AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:

> You missed to list all the things hanging of mainbus. You see the
> disk devices because they all attach at the root of the tree.

Yes, someone else mentioned that off list...

> Here is an example what devpubd sees.

Yes, that looks useful.  It would be a good if we had a way of
identifying the device being attached so that I can disable the trackpad
if, specifically, a mouse is attached not a keyboard or even usb flash
drive.  I have had a look at usbdevs and usbhidctl but they don't seem
to be suitable.  I guess I could grep the dmesg for the attach but that
feels a bit sub-optimal...

--
Brett Lymn
--