Re: Weirdness on (pinebook?) X in -current

On Sat 15 Jun 2019 at 07:29:02 +1000, matthew green wrote:
> i don't know about the remapping issue, but..
>
> > Similarly, the Emulate3Buttons option doesn't seem to work on the mouse.
> > It is really needed since the pinebook touchpad doesn't have a middle
> > button and it is required for pasting.
> >
> >     Option "Emulate3Buttons" "On
> >
> > The setting is recognized and reported in /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
> >
> > Same question: pinebook specific, or generic X issue?
>
> this one appears to be a timing issue.  i've a handful of times
> managed to make double-click do middle-button, but it's only
> been a handful of times out of hundreds.

I tried increasing the "Emulate3Timeout" time to 500 (ms) and it didn't
help at all. With an external USB mouse, pressing left + right worked
fine to emulate the middle button.

I am starting to suspect that the trackpad simply does not report
multiple button presses. While running xev, I could not even see
anything happening if I pressed a second button while another was
already pressed, no matter if I did anthing slow or fast.

> .mrg.
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond