Re: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/postinstall

On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 10:00:03 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 06:17:29AM +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:
> > [...]
> > I've been using etcupdate for ages so I only ever really used
> > postinstall to fix "obsolete" and "catpages".  etcupdate -a has some
> > kinks and may be we should concentrate on fixing those instead?
>
> I *never* used etcupdate, so for me it's better to have a working postinstall
> (I have a PR about it: install/52349, which may have been fixed by the
> recent change)

The rc.d part is probably addressed by this very change that Christos
made (that i was replying to).

The other part is exactly what I'm talking about.  postinstall does
NOT update your system to the new etc.tgz set, it cherry picks stuff
from the new etc.tgz.

-uwe