sysinst garbled screen on i386 - curses issue?

Just pulled the latest install image for 8.99.42 from nycdn, and
tested on a ThinkPad T41

(Unrelated - I noticed was an acpi battery update appearing over the
middle of the screen, which was a little jarring, but not the end of
the world)

There seems to be something off with the cursor positioning, as moving
up and down long menus updates several lines off, and the screen is
not always fully cleared when it should be (see images linked below).

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SzBRcsAU5pst4vi48

The screen not clearing issue is easily reproducible by running
sysinst on a fully installed system with only one disk, selecting 'f'
for the config menu and hitting return after it indicates it does not
have any disks onto which to install

Does anyone else see this or am I going quietly mad? :)

Thanks

David