synaptics trackpad changes

Folks,

I have just committed some changes to the synaptics driver based on code
I received from someone.  My source says that the changes made their
thinkpad trackpad work.  I have also added code to support externally
connected buttons.  I suspect the thinkpads use externally connected
buttons in some models which is why the buttons weren't working.

I have tested the code on a couple of different laptops without any
issues.  Interested to hear if the updates fix a previously non-working
trackpad or if a working one is now broken.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",