Re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

On 01.06.2019 12:01, matthew green wrote:
> so, i just updated a few X11 packages in -current.  as part
> of testing, i ran them on the sandy bridge laptop i've seen
> display glitches with the new intel driver on (mate-terminal).
>
> these glitches are now gone.
>
> can anyone with intel driver issues please try again with
> -current?  this may not help much older devices, but maybe
> it helps sorta older (eg, sandy bridge) systems?.
>
> thanks.

I've updated my two intel gpu laptops like 3-4 days ago and I see no
improvement. Glitches are on one laptop and on the other one X window
starts in 1-60min, depending on some random timeout to expire. Should I
upgrade again and recheck? I planned to debug the X code once I will
sort out other fallout after my upgrade (mostly with things in pkgsrc).