Re: The rump library mess - can it be fixed?

On 01.06.2019 11:51, Robert Elz wrote:
> Does anyone know of any reason that would not work?   Or have any objections
> to moving in that direction?    (After NetBSD-9 is branched).

I would try to consul this with pooka@, even if he is inactive.

The selling point of rump was that it was sliced into parts and it was
feasible to pick only specific subsystem and write tiny code on top of
that (actually as tiny as not much beyond 0.5-1MB). There were
speculations whether this could be achieved with LTO, but when I last
checked it was just a research idea.