Re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 07:22:08PM +0200, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 09:12:42AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> >  - self hosting builds on 4 GB amd64 machines are not really possible
> >    any more (due to LLVM runtime dependencies, which can not even be
> >    disabled at build time right now)
>
> I'm pretty sure that statement is false by itself. At the very least,
> you are adding "MKDEBUG=yes" implicitly.

Yes, I am always building with MKDEBUG=yes and I haven't tried without.

I suggested (to Maya, off list) some time ago to exclude the tools part
of the LLVM build to be excluded from MKDEBUG (e.g. to require some extra
MKLLVM_MAINTAINER_DEBUG or whatever we'd call it), but it is not clear to
me how much build time and swap usage that would chop off.

Martin