date/strftime() returning wrong timezone name

Hi,
running /sbin/dmesg and /bin/date I am seeing a timezone name of "LMT" instead
of my normal "AEST"

Copying "date" and my zoneinfo file from a working computer, I still see bad
info.

From -current (compiled myself and from nyftp snapshot):
% TZ=Australia/Melbourne date; TZ=NZ date
Wed Apr 17 16:04:16 LMT 2019
Wed Apr 17 16:04:16 LMT 2019

From a month ago:
% TZ=Australia/Melbourne date; TZ=NZ date
Wed Apr 17 16:03:54 AEST 2019
Wed Apr 17 16:03:54 NZST 2019

"LMT" was the correct timezone name 125-150 years ago for those zones.

Is this reproducible for anyone else or something unique to me?

I see there have been some recent changes to strftime() so perhaps
those are the cause of my problem.

Regards,
Geoff