Re: Funky Display Output

I think it's the kernel too. I have a reduced way of reproducing it.
env LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 glmark2 (from pkgsrc) will be visibly
corrupt.

env LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 ktruss -i glmark2 > /dev/null
or a second glmark2 instance

seemed to make it go away.

I think this difference means it might be under-synchronizing.
tearing should become worse with a second glmark2 instance or with more
load. instead it becomes better.

Anyway, I enabled tearfree by default, so the visible effects should be
gone, but the bug isn't.