Install of 8.99.30 libcrypto.so.12 not found

I am installing NetBSD-8.99.03-amd64. When I try to add pkgin from the install screen I get the message-
/usr/pkg/bin/pkgin: Shared object "libcrypto.so.12" not found.

Is there a work around for this? I suppose I could resort to pkg_add, but pkgin is so much nicer. Plus, I am not sure what else depends on libcrypto.so.12. Your thoughts?

Ron Georgia
“90% of my problems are due to ignorance, the other 10% is because I just don’t know any better.”