Re: Recent XEN3_DOM0 begaviour

ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost (Chavdar Ivanov) writes:

>Hi,

>menu=Xen:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz console=pc;multiboot /xen.gz dom0_mem=2048M

>Is there any means to force XEN3_DOMU to use wd0 as boot device? This
>doesn't happen if I use the normal /netbsd kernel, it can see dk0/dk1
>but proceeds to booot from wd0 by default.

The xen kernel can't guess the boot disk and takes the first partition
it finds, unless you tell it literally with, e.g.:

menu=Xen:load /netbsd-XEN3_DOM0.gz console=pc root=wd0a;multiboot /xen.gz dom0_mem=2048M

For recent -current you can also specify a wedge by name with

  root=wedge:name-of-the-wedge

Greetings,
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost