Re: "dmesg -T" date doesn't match "date" output

    Date:        Sat, 27 Oct 2018 17:39:16 +1100
    From:        Geoff Wing <gcw%pobox.com@localhost>

  | dates output by "dmesg -T" are not matching real time.  Using a program
  | to generate a segfault dmesg is showing times in the future:

dmesg times come from "seconds since boot" which is what is actually
logged, added to boottime.   The seconds since boot is, I believe, a monotonic
counter which counts at timer rate, unadjusted for clock errors.

I'd assume you're running NTP or similar to sync your clock, and that it
is constantly slowing down your timer - apparently by 6 seconds since
boot, which suggests that either your clock is wildly inaccurate, or that
your system has been up for a fairly lengthy time (at least a week probably).

What does dmesg say without the -T, or perhaps using -TT

The dmesg man page should perhaps explain all of this a little better.

kre