Re: netbsd-8 crash

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018, Martin Husemann wrote:

Looks like a bug in the ciss driver.

               /* if never got a chance to be done above... */
               if (ccb->ccb_state != CISS_CCB_FREE) {
                       KASSERT(error);
                       ccb->ccb_err.cmd_stat = CISS_ERR_TMO;
                       error = ciss_done(ccb);
               }

Could you try to change that KASSERT(error); into a KASSERTMSG() and
print ccb->ccb_state? When savecore runs, it should log the full panic
message (in case you can not capture it at crash time).

I am unable to rewrite the code. Can you send me a patch?

Thank you for your efforts

Regards
Uwe