Re: VirtualBox mouse problem

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 21:53:13 +0300, Arto Huusko wrote:

> Valery Ushakov kirjoitti 10.6.2018 klo 20:19:
>
> > NetBSD vboxguest driver now provides wsmouse(4) interface so X11 can
> > use stock "ws" driver.
>
> Thanks, using "ws" driver fixed the issue. But note that I was trying to
> use stock "mouse" driver, not vboxmouse driver.

Sorry, I have zero clue about X11 drivers :)

With the new additions you get

  wsmouse1 at vboxguest0 mux 0

and wsmouse1 will only ever feed absolute position events into the
wsmouse mux (src/VBox/Additions/common/VBoxGuest/VBoxGuest-netbsd.c)

> However, mouse buttons 6 and 7 still do not work correctly: xev shows
> the same events for buttons 4 and 6 and for 5 and 7.

See above.  This should not be a problem with additions.  Button press
events come from wsmouse0 that talks to the emulated mouse, not to the
vboxguest driver.

That seems like a vbox bug, I see the same problem in a linux guest
(horizontal scrolling reported as 4/5 instead of 6/7, as the host
does).

> Another problem is that pkgsrc modular xorg xf86-input-ws does not
> attach mouse at all: it tries to attach the mouse as a touchscreen and
> fails due to some unsupported ioctl.

Sorry, I dont't have time to build and test modular xorg.  It would be
nice if someone could investigate this.

-uwe