Re: current status of autofs?

> Hi,
> Today I tried to get automount(d) running, using my usual indirect
> map experimented in FreeBSD/Linux, but autofs doesn't seem to apply it,
> as witnessed by a quick `df -h`. The -media special map doesn't seem to
> work either.

Media map (to automount local block devices) is simply unsupported on
NetBSD and DragonFly too. See BUGS section in auto_master(5) or very
bottom part of
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2018/01/03/msg055054.html

Btw, I think this change by Christos introduced regression.
https://www.mail-archive.com/source-changes-full%netbsd.org@localhost/msg93849.html

I haven't tried it on NetBSD, but the same change I once applied to
DragonFly was causing regression and I later reverted it. It makes autofs
unable to unmount under some settings. FreeBSD does it this way.
https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DragonFlyBSD/commit/072355267a78ef9c72e8dccd4b7aaf7321be5ba1