Re: Kernel RNG ???

Hi,

I’ve stumbled upon this too with recently upgraded machine (to NetBSD 8.0_BETA (GENERIC.201803261630Z))

Kernel RNG “5887 68 5” runs test FAILURE: too many runs of 1 1s (2691 >=2685)
cprng 5887 68 5: failed statistical RNG test

The difference here is that the machine also loses network connectivity (& the USB keyboard).
unplugging / replugging the keyboard doesn’t show that the kernel is still working on the console.
(you’d expect to see output about the usb device unplugged / replugged)

I also tried to add a watchdog to reboot the server then it hangs, but that isn’t working, so it’s a weird state it hangs in…

# wdogctl
Available watchdog timers:
        ipmi0, 0 second period
        tco0, 30 second period [armed, user tickle, pid 441]

Any ideas ?

/P