Re: dump -X of large LVM based FFSv2 with WAPBL panics

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 08:29:51PM +0100, Jaromír Dole?ek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can you try if doing full forced fsck (fsck -f) would resolve this?
>
> I've seen several such persistent panics when I was debugging WAPBL. Even
> after kernel fixes I had persistent panics around ffs_newvnode() due to
> disk data corruption from previous runs. This is worth trying.
>
> Some day I plan to add some counter, so that actually boot would actually
> force fsck every X boots even when clean, similarily what Linux does with
> ext3/4.

I hope it will be configurable. On linux I alwas turn it off
(you don't want a multi-hours fsck following a "quick reboot for kernel
update").

I'd prefer a forced fsck when the kernel has detected a fs corruption.
This indeed needs a write to the superblock ...