Re: Linix Emulation

Thanks, that was it - I recall seeing something recently, as far as I remember it was a security issue. I should have checked sysctl before asking the question.

Chavdar Ivanov

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 at 09:28 Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>I guess I might have missed something recently.

I don't see an announcement of the change in the current-users archive,
it was discussed on tech-kern.

>I used to run Linux emulation - at least a few weeks ago. I see my .opera
>folder has files changed as recently as 21st of September. I don't
>remember doing anything to stop it from running. Besides Opera, I have
>installed some suse131 and a a few suse131_packages, which I am pretty
>sure used to work.

You haven't done anything that stopped it working.

You now need to set the following sysctl options:

emul.linux.enabled=1
emul.linux32.enabled=1