Re: NetBSD-current amd64 with dhcpcd connects only partially

    Date:        Tue, 13 Jun 2017 02:25:41 +0000
    From:        "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6725%twc.com@localhost>

  | Do you really mean netstat -nrf inet4 , or should that be inet?

Roy meant the latter.  (That weird inconsistency is annoying, we should
support "inet4" as an alias to "inet" everywhere.  But we don't...)

  | Now if I knew what options/parameters to tweak, I could try again in NetBSD.

The point is that until you actually tell us what is happening ("doesn't
work" and "cannot connect to the internet" is not what is happening, it
is what is not happening) no-one can guess what the problem might be.

So look and see what netstat -nrf inet produces on NetBSD on the system
that is having problems (though a "closely related Realtek Ethernet chip,"
isn't necessarily automatically going to be properly supported by the driver,
so knowing just what that is might be important too.)

Whether the output shows a default route, and whether resolv.conf has the
correct nameserver values (and the state of the re interfae, so include
output from
	ifconfig re0
as well) should help a bit in findong out what is happening.  Output from
"arp -n" also provides a clue sometimes.

kre