su hanging

Hi,
I have an issue where "su" is hanging after get password/key.

It happens with both Kerberos and normal password authentication.
CTRL-C will give an "Interrupted system call".

Kernel is -current amd64 GENERIC plus DEBUG/LOCKDEBUG stuff
My /etc/pam.d/su is the same as base src.

openpam was updated a month ago.  Anyone else have an issue?

root "su" to root works OK and I obviously cannot ktrace non-root su

Regards,
Geoff