Re: HDMI audio attach help wanted

    Date:        Fri, 28 Apr 2017 21:51:36 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        Jared McNeill <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost>

Thanks for the reply,

  | For HDMI audio to work correctly, you need to use a drm display driver,

That much is OK.

  | and that driver needs to ensure that (1) the HDMI TX is setup in "HDMI"
  | mode (as opposed to "DVI" mode which works fine for video but not much
  | else), and (2) the HDMI TX is setup for audio and is transmitting HDMI
  | audio infoframes to the display.

Yeah - OK - beats me...

  | See if you can get any debug info out of inteldrm, and/or if the version
  | of inteldrm in tree supports audio on your embedded intel graphics
  | chipset.

It is i915 ...

i915drmkms0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: vendor 8086 product 0102 (rev. 0x09)
drm: Memory usable by graphics device = 2048M
drm: Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013).
drm: Driver supports precise vblank timestamp query.
[...]

I can try turning on more debug in there (there appears to be lots)
but I'm not sure I can ever figure out what any of it means, or which
debug in particular might be relevant.

This isn't really important (to me), so don't waste any time on it.   When
I get time I'll play a little and see if anything drops out of the woodwork.

kre