npf lock issue?

Hi,

Trying to upgrade from 7.99.44 to today's -current, I have a panic
right away when starting npf. The boot with npf disabled is fine (see
note below), then when manually running `npfctl reload` the machine
reboots right aways with absolutely no diagnostic. This is an issue
that I experiencing consistently since something like last January or
so.

Interestingly, there is no visible issue with 'options LOCKDEBUG': the
new kernel runs fine with npf enabled...

The problem is also that the kernel does not boot with 'options
DIAGNOSTIC': it spits out tons of uvm_fault backtrace when attaching
to usb and then the machine is stuck with e.g. no keyboard. This seems
completely unrelated but still not helpful :)

FWIW, I have 2 re(4) interfaces, one rtk(4) and one gif(4).
Any help appreciated :)

Note: I'm booting the new kernel with the old userland, so initially
/etc/rc.d/npf tries to run `/sbin/npfctl reload`, which fails due to
the mismatched npf interface version. But with 'options LOCKDEBUG'
everything is fine when I later run
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/obj/destdir.amd64/lib /usr/obj/destdir.amd64/sbin npfctl reload
It's only without LOCKDEBUG that the latter reboots the machine right
away.