Re: Testing suspend/resume Dell N5030 NetBSD 7.1 amd64

On Monday 03 April 2017 16:03:29 coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It's possible one of the drivers isn't working out during suspend.
> You can play driver whack-a-mole with 'drvctl -d <device name>' and
> suspending until it stops rebooting to figure out which one it is.
>
> I recommend testing out hdafg and iwn first.
>
> sysctl ddb.onpanic=1 or core dumps (if savecore manages to put
anything
> in /var/crash) may provide more info.
>
> Good luck.

Thanks for that. removing both those devices let me suspend/resume
from single user mode and a bit more investigation showed it was iwn0
which caused the problem.

I tried bring up the desktop (kde4) and ifconfig'ing iwn0 down before
removing it and then suspending, but resume then failed and the
machine rebooted so I suspect I will need to poke around with a
simpler X setup to find what is causing the next problem.

At least I am over the first hurdle - thanks again!

Cheers,
Dave

Phone: 07805784357
Open Source O/S: www.netbsd.org