Re: dk wedges vs netbsd -current

On Sat, Apr 01, 2017 at 05:31:20PM +1100, Geoff Wing wrote:
> The system installed as an old MBR (+63 sector) system.
>  It did not add any dk stuff for /etc/fstab.
>  It did NOT leave room to add the dk stuff at the start of the hard drive, so
>   you cannot do "dkscan_bsdlabel" stuff on it and add bootloaders.
>  -current does not have lots of the DKWEDGE_METHOD_* stuff in it so you cannot
>   boot a new kernel on it.

Sorry, but I fail to parse most of this.

You are talking about GPT, not dk(4) or something?

You can use dk(4) with MBR or any other on-disk format.

Not sure what you mean with new kernel or doing dkscan_bsdlabel/add
bootloaders.

Maybe you can rephrase your question, there might be some assumptions in it
that better be spelled out explicitly.

Martin