Re: wm devices don't work under current amd64

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih%hamartun.priv.no@localhost> writes:

> Christos Zoulas <christos%zoulas.com@localhost> writes:
>
>> Right now it seems to be a good time to upgrade for example...
>
> That's what I'm hoping for - I started a couple of hours ago.  :)

Didn't go so well.  My main machine does routing between several VLANs,
using Quagga to manage the routing, NPF and ALTQ for traffic management,
and OpenVPN for tunnels from remote devices, all the while offering a
number of network services internally.

After updating to a fresh current, attempting to enable NPF will crash
the machine, as will starting OpenVPN.  The latter causes a crash the
moment it tries to create a tun interface.

Unfortunately, these crashes only cause a traceback to quickly scroll
past on the console, instead of the proper core dump I'm used to.  Not
sure what has caused this change...

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay